HB 20-1319 which would ban the sale of vapor products in flavors other than tobacco is scheduled for a public hearing on
Wednesday, March 4, 2020
House Health & Insurance Committee
Room: HCR 0112
As written, this bill can be interpreted as outlawing any flavoring product (“flavor enhancer”) that could be added to a nicotine product. This means DIY and “flavor shots” would likely be included in the ban.
Please make plans to attend this hearing. Even if you do not plan to speak your presence is important as it demonstrates the large numbers of people affected by this issue. For those who do wish to speak, please review the committee information sheet, here, for details about signing up to testify and expectations of appropriate decorum.
Prior to the hearing, Take Action by sending a message to your officials urging them to oppose this dangerous legislation. If you do not live in a district represented by a member of the committee, please use the contact information below to send a message to committee members.
- Committee on Health and Insurance
|Susan Lontine (D)
|(303) 866-2966||[email protected]||@LontineHD1|
|Yadira Caraveo (D)
|(303) 866-2918||[email protected]||@YadiraCaraveo|
|Janet Buckner (D)||(303) 866-2944||[email protected]||@repjanetbuckner|
|Dominique Jackson (D)||(303) 866-3911||[email protected]||@Jackson4CO|
|Kyle Mullica (D)||(303) 866-2931||[email protected]||@Kyle_Mullica|
|Kerry Tipper (D)||(303) 866-2939||[email protected]||@KerryTipperHD28|
|Brianna Titone (D)||(303) 866-2962||[email protected]||@BriannaForCO|
|Mark Baisley (R)||(303) 866-2935||[email protected]||@MarkBaisley|
|Richard Champion (R)||(303) 866-2953||[email protected]||– –|
|Matt Soper (R)||(303) 866-2583||[email protected]||@SoperMatthew|
|Perry Will (R)||(303) 866-2949||[email protected]||– –|
Points to include in your comments, phone calls, and spoken testimony:
- Briefly, share your story about switching to vaping and what role that flavors played in helping you switch.
- Note any health changes you’ve experienced.
- Briefly, discuss what losing access to local vape shops will mean for you (Will you shop out-of-state, in neighboring cities, or online? Will you make your own e-liquid at home or purchase products on an underground market?).
- Additional talking points for testimony and emails are available here.
- Watch these comments from San Diego County Supervisor Kristin Gaspar – YouTube